Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pen-pals!

I am ridiculously excited for my upcoming project. I recently contacted some of the teachers from Cesar Chavez elementary school in Davis, CA, (which is a Spanish immersion program) to see if they might be interested in doing a pen-pal project with us this year. So far I have 2 teachers that have agreed to do it and I am hoping for a couple more. I think it will be interesting for the kids to talk to each other in both English and Spanish about what their lives are like. It may also highlight the difficulties that each side has with learning either English or Spanish. I would love for this to be some type of internet telecollaboration project but I think that my school's resources aren't quite up to par. I'm going to have to check up on that. More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment